The offer ends in00days 00hours: 00minutes: 00seconds
Winemaker extraordinaire Xavier Vignon or commonly referred to as -- “The King of Rhone” -- has pulled off another supernatural and epic Rhone red!
After years of traversing the globe, making wine in Napa Valley, Champagne, and Australia before settling in the Rhone Valley to zero in on the world’s most complex and unique blends. Robert Parker says it best when talking about his style: “It’s a singular, exotic beauty that I wish every reader could taste!” - “Hats off to the team here for having the guts to pull something like this off!”
From the Rhone Valley’s leading wine consultant (and a Robert Parker favorite) this Cote du Rhone is pure opulence. Far and away one of the best reds at a price that makes this sellout an Expectation!
About the wine
Old vine Grenache, Syrah and a little Mourvèdre provide the basis for this lovely dense, supple and spicy wine. Côtes du Rhône wines already have a reputation for offering an exceptional price to quality ratio. But the Xavier Vignon's 2015 Vieilles Vignes takes this to extremes!
A deep red with purple tints, the wine smells of black cherries and plums,classic garrigue herbal notes, liquorice and a sweet spice. On the palate, it is generous and wonderfully supple. Full of dark fruit, hints of pepper, liquorice and some clove all balanced by a fine acid backbone. This is great, dense, powerful and - we can not emphasize it often enough - a little miracle at this price!
Harvest date is determined after daily tastings to check optimum maturity has been reached. The different grape varieties are harvested manually and fermented together at a moderate temperature. The maceration lasts 4 weeks. 60% of the wine is then aged in concrete tanks to ensure purity and the best possible expression of the grape variety. The remaining 40% is aged in oak barrels for 16 month in oak for added complexity
Winemaker: Xavier Vignon
Appellation: Cotes du Rhone
- 96 pts, Jeb Dunnuck, (Anonyme Bottling)
- 3.9/5.0, Vivino Users
Grapes: 60% Grenache, 25% Mourvedre, 15% Syrah
3.9 ★ Vivino Users
"Very nice wine! One of our favorites for this price!" - Hans A.
"Powerful tasty wine with a lot of flavors." - Tomas L.
"Great wine for the price." - Den S.
96 pts, Jeb Dunnuck, Anonyme
"The inky colored 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Anonyme is a serious winner in the vintage. A blend of 60% Grenache, 25% Mourvèdre and the rest Counoise, Vaccarèse and Muscardin, it offers a huge nose of blackberry jam, garrigue, crushed violets, and incense. Ripe, unctuous and opulent, yet not over the top, it reminds me of the Trois Source cuvée from Vieille Julienne. This is a smoking good release that will benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and shine for over a decade."
"Very nice wine! One of our favorites for this price!":